Allrounder: Isopropyl Alcohol
Isopropyl alcohol is also known as Isopropanol, IPA and 2-Propanol and can be mixed homogeneously with water in any ratio. As an organic solvent, it is widely used in chemistry, biochemistry and molecular biology.
The smell of the colorless, volatile and flammable liquid is mostly associated with hospitals. Why? The reason is that isopropyl alcohol is used for the production of many disinfectants. Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, isopropyl alcohol is in greater demand than ever. It not only disinfects and cleans surfaces (at 70% concentration), but also disinfects the skin, acts more effectively against microorganisms than other alcohols and is at the same time more skin-friendly than other hand-washing preparations.
But isopropyl alcohol is also used in many other areas and offers various advantages:
- As a door lock and car window deicer, a longer hold on the car window and lock is achieved together with glycerin, so that new ice formation is prevented on cold days
- It is contained in cosmetic products as a solvent and diluent
- In quick-drying oils
- In quick drying inks
- In antifreeze in motor vehicles and cooling systems
- As a solvent for resins, ink, grease stains, stickers, rubber, shellac
- As a cleaning agent in industry and at home as a degreaser for glass, electrical appliances, glasses, displays and screens
We offer you different variations of the substance isoproypl alcohol. The following four types of packaging can you find at TER Chemicals:
- 160 kg in a barrel,
- 800 kg in the IBC,
- 8.5 mt in the Iso container and
- 23 mt in the tank truck.
Any questions? Please contact me!
Head of BU Performance Chemicals
Phone +49 40 300 501 8012